Thursday, February 23, 2012

Breakfast for Two...and, make it sweet!

 
There is one part of the day that I enjoy the most. It’s breakfast. No, it’s not because it is the most important meal of the day. I use that as an excuse for why I wake up smiling.
Breakfast is my “me time.” Allowing me to sit down and enjoy a bit of peace while the birds chirp outside. The only thing that gets that kind of day started is breakfast… and a cup of coffee.
To help you get started, I am giving you a treat, a breakfast treat.
Enjoy. J


Buttered Pecan Scones for Two (or just more for yourself)

Ingredients

½ cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 tbls sugar
2 ½ tbls butter
¼ cup whole pecans halves
¼ cup cream


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 then in a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with the pecans. Let them toast slowly over low heat about 5 minutes or until fragrant then remove from heat and let cool. Next, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Add the 2 ½ tablespoons of butter (cold) and ix it together with your hands. When the butter is combined well enough add the cream. Stir the mixture together then add the pecan mixture. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it together about five times. If it is still sticky add a bit more flour, but try not to knead the dough too much. I pressed then cut my dough with a butter knife into 3 triangles. You can press it out into whatever shape you like.  Finally place the dough’s onto a baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes or until top is puffy and tan.


Next time try it with different nuts, or if you want to add more, drizzle with some chocolate. Trust me it will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment